What is Unity?
A worldwide movement founded in 1889 by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore. Unity is first-- and foremost-- a spiritual practice and way of life. Unity teachings are based on the teachings of Jesus but are not limited to or bound by these roots. Thus in Unity, we actively seek, study and respect the perennial wisdom and universal truths found in all the world faiths. We believe there is one God, called by many different names and all paths of faith lead to God. We believe in making a positive difference in the world.
What We Believe
In Unity, we believe:
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings created in God's image.
- The Spirit of God lives within each person, therefore all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- Our thoughts create our feelings; our feelings create our actions.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, we connect with Spirit.
- Through the power of Spirit we are able to control our thoughts and experience life more abundantly.
- Believing in these spiritual principles is not enough; we must put them into action.
Unity of Fredericksburg is a full status member of Unity Worldwide Ministries.
Office and Sunday Morning Celebration
General Washington Executive Office Center
2217 Princess Anne St., Suites 101-1A
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
PO Box 1525
Fredericksburg, VA 22402